Thursday, January 17th 2019 2:00 PM — 3:30 PM
Worldwide Timebank Member Conference Call
Dear Timebank Members,
You are invited to participate in the Timebank Members of the World (TMAW) Calls on the 3rd Wednesday of each month. The next conference call is:
Wednesday, January 16, 2019 from 2:00 to 3:30 pm Eastern Time USA (GMT/UTC 19:00 to 20:30)
Online Meeting Link: https://www.freeconferencecall.com/wall/timeforall
The call on January 16, 2019 will be the first of these calls. We expect that the calls might start small at first, and then grow in numbers of people over time, as we get the word out to more timebanks, and the information filters down to their timebank members.
These calls are starting because, for many years now, timebank coordinators have been able to access monthly teleconference calls in order to exchange ideas with one another. Some of the benefits of the coordinator calls people reported have included:
- allowing coordinators a place to get their questions answered by other coordinators in one more convenient place
- saving time by allowing leaders to answer a question in one place to many timebanks
- adding skills to the individual timebank coordinators
- learning general timebanking things happening in the present or past across the world
- learning the variety of ways different timebanks do things
- giving a sense of personal satisfaction of helping others
- giving a sense of camaraderie or team and a personal satisfaction being part of a global movement of timebanking
- giving timebanks a 3rd party validation (a viewpoint outside just their local timebank of whatever their concern or question is).
- providing a nice a-ha moment and inspiring a new idea
- all of us together creating and building things a little better than all of us could have separately, because we avoid having to re-learn the same lessons and we have access to more information
Kurt Roskopf thought it would be a stellar idea to allow a similar type of monthly call to be available to Timebank Members Around the World (TMAW) in all the various timebanking networks. This could allow timebank members to share with one another about great timebanking experiences. This could allow Kurt (and the TimeForAll Team and the TMAW team as we create it) to learn about great timebanking experiences out there. In the future, maybe the calls could also have scheduled topics about timebanking, brainstorming sessions, questions and answers, etc. Only time will show us what possibilities develop from this which we haven't even thought of yet.
We also hope this will help you be even more active and successful in your local timebanks. We want to enhance what you are doing in your local timebank if possible.
These calls are not a place to market products or services. We want to keep the calls about timebanking. We also request that if we need to set a time limit for speaking at some point, that people do their best to honor it, so we can accommodate as many people sharing about timebanking as possible.
At the scheduled date and time of the meeting (or a few minutes earlier if you can),
- dial into the conference line by telephone.
- Dial-In Number: (712) 770-4010 - United States
- Access Code: 843317
- Click here to see dial-in numbers from other countries.
- When prompted, enter the Access Code followed by the # key.
- To join the online meeting and view the screen share (if it is being used), click on the online meeting link and click “Join the Meeting.” You can use the same link to use the VOIP phone call via your computer, if you are not using a telephone. Follow the instructions. Click on “Join the meeting” at: https://www.freeconferencecall.com/wall/timeforall
For a direct link to recordings click HERE
If your timebank has any kind of request like “community service for non-members” or “helping out the global timebanking movement”, then you may be able to log your credits for attending or helping with these calls on your local timebank. If they don't have a request like that on your timebank, you could possibly suggest that the timebank coordinators consider making one. Your time is important to the TimeBank Movement we are all creating in the world!